AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is the lead Federal agency charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. As one of 12 agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, AHRQ supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decision making.
AHRQ's Focus and Strategic Goals
- Safety and quality: Reduce the risk of harm by promoting delivery of the best possible health care.
- Effectiveness: Improve health care outcomes by encouraging the use of evidence to make informed health care decisions.
- Efficiency: Transform research into practice to facilitate wider access to effective health care services and reduce unnecessary costs.
- Organizational excellence: Use efficient and responsive business processes to maximize the Agency's resources and the effectiveness of its programs.
Patient Safety Culture Surveys
As part of its goal to support a culture of patient safety and quality improvement in the Nation's health care system, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is sponsoring the development of patient safety culture assessment tools for hospitals, nursing homes, and ambulatory outpatient medical offices.
Health care organizations can use these survey assessment tools to:
- Assess their patient safety culture.
- Track changes in patient safety over time.
- Evaluate the impact of patient safety interventions.
Lock Media is utilizing the power of Survey Builder Pro 2008 to help hospitals manage the implementation of the AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture. In addition to providing an effective solution for administering the actual AHRQ Patient Safety survey, your healthcare facility will be able to compare and benchmark you own data against the published 2007 and 2008 Comparative Database Reports through the Survey Builder Pro Hospital Survey Portal.
For more information click here!